Saturday, March 19, 2011

March Mad

OK, I'm just going to say it, I've been trying desperately to sneak peeks at the NCAA tournament.  We went out to eat - I kept fighting the urge to "use the bathroom" to walk through the bar at Cheesecake Factory.  This morning, I "accidentally" turned on CBS, but for some reason, Dish didn't have the CBS feed out of Binghamton active, there was just a message saying "We know it's not working, Don't Call Us" (nice customer service there, by the way)

I don't think I knew how much I liked looking at the brackets and dreaming of possibilities, of having games switch to the exciting finish (or switch away from the game I wanted).  I'm frustrated by it, and have been so close to just saying something that is probably anatomically impossible to do, and watch the games anyway.

But I've been good.  I haven't said anything bad about a Duke fan in at least a month, which is a record for me, and I haven't watched anything, not even when I was in San Francisco and I could have used it (see my previous blog).

I don't know if it's growth yet, but it's at least still abstinence.  Guess that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm passionate about educating everyone about weather and the climate. (P.S. Climate change is not a belief, but a documentable scientific phenomenon) Plus, I'm an avid sports fan, who has sworn off sports for the year. That ought to be interesting...